Monday 22 October 2007

Group Hug!

Wooohaaaa! Living On A Jet Plane got it's first award ever. I could not be more chuffed.

Thanks, Rayshma! It's incredibly satisfying when another writer, whom you enjoy reading, turns around and gives you a pat on the back :-)

Once I got over my initial burst of satisfaction at the award, I got curious about it. I remembered reading a recent post from Y in which she was a bit tentative about being called a schmoozer. And then I came across one from the MadMomma after she got the same award, and which ended with her deciding to delete her blogroll.

With a little help from Google I traced the origin of the Power-of-Schmooze award to Miguel. He's an artist/cartoonist/blogger who lives in New York state. He created the award to recognize bloggers who got noticed, built a reputation, and made new friends.

So Rayshma, by giving me this award, by telling me that some of the words I wrote have made you think, you've paid me an incredible compliment. If that's what schmoozing is about, den gimme some more o' dat hot soup, mama.

So now I'm going to unhesitatingly grab my award with both hands. And after holding on to it briefly I'll pass it on to a couple of people whose writing always brightens up my day.

First up, here's one for you, Unpredictable. I love the way you write straight from the heart.

And take a bow, Punkster. You're a writer of rare intensity, honesty and courage. A lesser person could not have confronted the blog-trolls with your aplomb.

Cheers to the both of you, and keep doing what you do so well!

3 comments:

unpredictable said...

WHOA! Thanks!!! Those are incredibly kind words!!!

I shall post (in my newly acquired weird ishtyle that doesn't hurt the hand) to pay thanks and pay it forward :)

rayshma said...

:) dunno if i've told u this... u were my first fren in d virtual world :)

twip said...

Thank you! I am overwhelmed. Really.